Community Violation Guidelines
1.Violent Extremism / Terrorism
3.Hateful and Violent Content
3 (a) Violent Content
If the content falls under any of these sections given below, it’ll be considered Hateful Violent content:
3 (b) Hateful Conduct
We do not permit content that advocates hate in any sort of way. These content can be further classified into the following sections:
1) Violent Threats- We do not permit any form of a statement that intends or inflicts injuries that would result in serious and lasting bodily harm, where an individual could die or be significantly harmed.
2) Content in reference to mass homicide, violent events or violence against a specific or protected group.
3) Creating or spreading fear about a protected group or religious groups.
4) Hateful symbolism - Any content with pictures of logos, images, or pictures whose purpose is to promote antagonistic vibe and vindictiveness against others based on their race, religion, inability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or ethnicity/national root.
4.Suicide or Self-Harm
We do not permit content that empowers or glorify:
1) Acts of harming oneself, such as cutting, hanging, injecting with lethal chemicals etc.
2)The act of taking one’s own life, including sharing strategies for suicide and participating in group suicides or suicide games.
We permit content which coordinates towards self improvement of an individual:
1) Organizations principally focused on research, advocacy, and education of prevention of self-harm.
2) Sharing coping mechanisms and resources for thoughts of self-harm and suicide.
5.Nudity / Porn
This section of the content can be classified into 3 main segments:
1) Adult Content.
2) Child Nudity and Sexual Exploitation of Children.
3) Sexual Exploitation of Adults / Violent Sexual Content.
5 (a) Adult Content
Following are the examples of Adult Content:
- Partial or full nudity.
- Simulated sexual acts.
- Sexual intercourse or other sexual acts – this also applies to animation.
- Content that depicts sexual arousal.
- Content that depicts a sexual fetish.
Here are certain scenarios of nude content that is allowed on the platform:
- When the sexual activity or nudity is not directly visible in the content.
- When the content is posted in a humorous/satirical context.
- When the content is posted for an educational or scientific purpose.
- When the imagery is not very detailed and only body shapes or contours are visible.
- Also, when a content shows acts of protest, women engaged in breast-feeding, and photos of post-mastectomy scarring. Photographs of paintings and other art that depict nude figures are also allowed.
5 (b) Child Nudity and Sexual Exploitation of Children
Following is the list of content that is strictly prohibited -
1) Visual depictions of a child engaging in sexually explicit or sexually suggestive acts.
2) Sexualized commentaries about or directed at a known or unknown minor.
3) Sharing fantasies about or promoting engagement in child sexual exploitation.
4) Recruiting, advertising or expressing an interest in a commercial sex act involving a child.
5) Engaging or trying to engage a child in a sexually explicit conversation.
Content that may further contribute to the victimization of children through the promotion or glorification of child sexual exploitation is also not allowed on our platform.
5 (c) Sexual Exploitation of Adults / Violent Sexual Content
Any content that falls under these brackets mentioned below will not be allowed on Josh and Yo:
- Content that portrays of any form of non-consensual sexual touching, necrophilia or bestiality, or forced stripping.
- Content that promotes/glorifies sexual solicitation or sexual/objectification.
- Attempting to facilitate adult commercial sexual services.
- Content that shows a real person's commonly sexualized body parts (breasts, groin, buttocks, or thighs) or of a real person engaged in sexual activity.
- Sharing, threatening, expressing a purpose to share, offering or asking for imagery known as "Revenge Porn" or “Non-Consensual Intimate Images”.
- Compelling someone for money, favors, or images by sending threats of exposure of their naked or semi-naked photos/videos.
Furthermore, content that praises, supports, promotes, advocates for, provides instructions for or encourages participation in non-sexual child abuse will not be allowed.
6.Cyberbullying and Abusive Behaviour
We strictly adheres to not promoting content that questions the safety of any individual and also expands to the below-mentioned scenarios:
- Content that promotes violence or expresses the desire for death, harm or fatal diseases.
- Wishing or hoping for serious harm on a person or a group of people.
- Content that shows unwanted sexual advances and content that sexually objectifies an individual without their consent.
- Using aggressive insults with the purpose of harassing or bullying others.
- Encouraging or calling for others to harass an individual or group of people.
- Infringement of others' privacy - Content that reveals or threatens to reveal personally identifiable information, including but not limited to a residential address, private email address, private phone number, bank statement, social security number, or passport number.
7.Fake Content / Misinformation
Any sort of misinformation which includes inaccurate/false/misleading information that is promoted/presented intentionally to cause public harm, or for profit, is not encouraged.
Such content can be further classified into:
1) Misinformation: Misinformation that may cause harm to an individual's health, such as misleading information about medical treatments is not allowed. Hoaxes, phishing attempts, or manipulated content meant to cause harm is also not allowed.
2) Misleading content: Content which misleads our users are not allowed. For instance a content which contains a link that promises a certain type of content but delivers something entirely different.
3) Incentivization Spam: Content that sells engagement metrics such as views, likes, comments, or any other metric.
8.Spam / Scam
Josh and Yo strictly prohibits any form of spamming and it can be further expanded to:
1) Cloaking: Presenting different content to the users.
2) Misleading content: Content which contains a link that promises a certain type of content but delivers something entirely different.
3) Deceptive Pop-up websites
4) Like / Share-Gating: Landing pages that require users to like, share, or otherwise engage with content before gaining access.
5) Deceptive Landing Page Functionality: Websites that have a misleading user interface, which results in accidental traffic being generated (pop-ups/unders, clickjacking, etc).
9.Illegal or certain regulated goods and service
Goods or services covered under this policy include, but are not limited to:
- counterfeit goods and services.
- drugs and controlled substances.
- human trafficking.
- products made from endangered or protected species.
- sexual services.
- stolen goods.
- weapons, including firearms, ammunition, and explosives, and instructions on making weapons (e.g. bombs, 3D printed guns, etc.)
We also strictly does not allow any form of commercial sale on the platform and this includes and is not limited to:
- Non-Medical Drugs.
- Marijuana and pharmaceutical drugs.
- Alcohol / Tobacco.
- Endangered species.
- Human Blood/ Organs.
We do not permit its users to imitate/impersonate people, groups, or organizations in a way that is planned to misdirect, confuse, or beguile others. We don't permit our users to impersonate others or organizations. We define Impersonation as:
Creating a profile assuming the persona of or speaking for another person.
- Maintaining multiple accounts.
- As another channel/organization by using someone else's name, biographical details, or profile picture in a misleading manner.
- Creating another account after being banned from the site.
- Evading the registration requirements outlined in our Terms of Service.
- Posting imagery that is likely to deceive the public as to the content's origin.
Content that is targeted to anyone maliciously by:
- Attacking them based on their status as a victim of sexual assault, sexual exploitation, or domestic abuse-Calling for self-injury or suicide of a specific person, or group of people-Threaten to release an individual's private phone number, residential address, or email address
-Attacking them through derogatory terms related to sexual activity (e.g. whore, slut)
Target public figures by purposefully exposing them to:
- Calls for death or serious disease or disability.- Statements of intent to engage in sexual activity or advocating to engage in a sexual activity.- Female-gendered cursing terms when used in a derogatory way.- Content that praises, celebrates or mocks their death.
12.Misuse of Non-Consensual Personal Content
We do not permit any sort of personal content of another person which is posted without their consent. The user is not allowed to reveal anyone’s personal data like their phone number, address, financial information, Aadhar Number, and Passport information, etc. One cannot post or share explicit images or videos that were taken, appear to have been taken, or that were shared without the consent of the people involved.
Examples of the types of content that violate this policy include, but are not limited to:
- hidden camera content featuring nudity, partial nudity, and/or sexual acts.
- creepshots or upskirts: images or videos taken of people’s buttocks, up an individual’s skirt/dress or other clothes that allows people to see the person’s genitals, buttocks, or breasts without their knowledge.
- images or videos that digitally superimpose an individual’s face onto another person’s nude body.
- images or videos that are taken in an intimate setting and not intended for public distribution.
- offering a financial reward in exchange for intimate images or videos.
- Content that reveals or threatens to reveal personally identifiable information, including but not limited to a residential address, private email address, private phone number, bank statement, social security number, or passport number.
Copyright and Trademark
Inactive Account Policies
Threats to platform and platform security